TCDN offers a stimulating, rewarding and team-oriented place to work. If you are committed to positive child development and have a passion for educating children, we welcome you as part of the TCDN family
TCDN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
The administrative office and preschool program are located in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, 10 miles southwest of Philadelphia. All program sites are located within the Wallingford-Swarthmore School District and are convenient to major highways and public transportation.
To apply for a position, please fill out and return the TCDN Employment Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 610-604-9740, for consideration.
Current Position Openings
TCDN Summer Camp Counselor
Job Type: Seasonal Temporary
TCDN Summer Camp is a dynamic 11-week summer day camp located in Swarthmore, PA for children in grades 1st-5th. We are now hiring Camp Counselors for the Summer of 2021. Camp begins on June 21st, 2021 and ends on September 1st, 2021, however employee training may begin sooner. A great opportunity for education majors, teachers, former camp counselors, and those who want to share their talents and co-create a memorable summer working with children in a day camp setting.
Responsibilities and Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that children in the care of TCDN are kept safe from harm
- Oversee campers in structured and un-structured time
- Possess a positive attitude, enthusiasm, a sense of humor, patience, and experience working with children
- Serve as a role model for campers by arriving to camp, trips, meetings and activities at assigned time, displaying good sportsmanship, following TCDN policies and regulations
- Build relationships with campers to assess individual needs and interest, and support campers throughout the day
- Ability to be creative, and create a fun, safe camp dynamic
- Ability to work effectively meeting the needs of a diverse group of children
- Outstanding communication skills which include the ability to use clear, concise, and grammatically correct written and oral language in all aspects of professional interaction with campers, families, staff, and administration
- Participate as a member of the staff team, and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship
- Maintain accurate attendance records, first aid logs, and open communication with camper families
- Positive, can do attitude
- Ensure quality of camp by noting any problems, safety concerns, or equipment disrepair.
- Previous camp experience or experience working with children preferred, but not required.
Being a Camp Counselor helps develop leadership and decision making skills. TCDN is looking for candidates who are caring and who have integrity, outstanding character, and a commitment to the growth and development of campers. The most important of all Camp Counselor duties is to ensure campers are safe at all times.
Required Clearances and Trainings:
It is understood that the candidate will complete all trainings, with the help of TCDN, and pre-employment clearances required by TCDN and the State of PA before employment begins.
- Current (within 3 years) FBI Fingerprinting, State Police Criminal Record Clearance, National Sex Offenders Registry Clearance, and Child Abuse Clearance
- Pediatric 1st Aid and CPR Certification
- Employee Health Appraisal with TB Test
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Competitive Compensation
- Full and Part Time Options
- An opportunity to continue employment for after school enrichment during the school year
- Program is located within walking distance of public transportation
- A pleasant, air conditioned, working environment with use of outdoor facilities
Limited enrollment and smaller group sizes
TCDN’s practices include ensuring cleaning and sanitation, hygiene and the use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and children. Children and staff are expected to always wear mask, except while eating.
Children and staff will be encouraged to hand wash often and sanitizer will be readily available. Additionally, TCDN conducts a health screen for all children and staff prior to entering camp each day.
Full-Time & Part-Time Teachers
Do you have a talent you would like to share?
Do you enjoy working with school age and/or preschool children?
We are looking for full and part time teachers for both our preschool program and our school age program, both located in the Swarthmore / Springfield area.
· Part-time and full-time positions available.
· Education (or related field) coursework is preferred, but not required.
· Generous benefits and competitive wages available.
· $300 Signing Bonus!
TCDN is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To find our more, please call 610-544-4555 x221, or email your resume to email@example.com
TCDN is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Substitutes Needed for All TCDN Programs
TCDN is seeking substitutes for the preschool and out-of-school time programs we operate. Hours can be full day or part day, based upon need. Our programs provide an opportunity to work with children to help them develop a love for learning in a warm, nurturing environment. Substitutes play a vital role in supporting our staff and develop rewarding relationships with children and their families.
If interested, please contact TCDN Office Administrator, Michele Corbin, firstname.lastname@example.org
TCDN is always seeking volunteers who want to help TCDN in creative ways. Family or community volunteers are integral in the planning and execution of a variety of TCDN events. Being a classroom volunteer is a great opportunity for those wanting to work as a teacher with children to gain experience or who simply delight in the joy of being with children. Volunteers can also help advance TCDN’s mission and vision by joining a committee or the Board of Directors.