Board of Directors
The TCDN Board of Directors is responsible for setting the organization’s direction and policies. Directors are elected to serve 3-year terms. Each Director serves on a committee and attends monthly Board meetings. Responsibilities include:
“Being on the TCDN Board of Directors has been a fulfilling experience for me. Not only did I develop professional skills and make valuable contacts, but I got to directly contribute to the success of the child care program where my children spend so much of their time.”
– TCDN Board Member and Parent
• Hiring and evaluating the performance of the Executive Director
• Providing financial oversight by adopting an annual budget, setting tuition, and developing financial policies
• Developing and approving the Strategic Plan
• Developing and approving the organization’s policies
• Providing adequate resources to fulfill TCDN’s mission
TCDN Board Meetings are open to the public and are held every 4th Tuesday of the month, September-June.
The next board meeting is Tuesday, January 24th at 7:30pm and will be held in person at the WASC site. Masks are optional.
Want to have an impact…become a Board Member of TCDN!
Established in 1972, Trinity Cooperative Day Nursery (TCDN) is a non-profit, non-sectarian, childcare and education organization that provides safe, nurturing, and enriching programs, 12 months old through fifth grade.
At four locations within the Wallingford-Swarthmore School District (Delaware County), TCDN operates seven programs licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, and accredited by state and national systems of quality improvement.
To support families by inspiring learning and community connection in a child-focused organization.
TCDN inspires learning, connects families, and builds the community by providing high-quality preschool and school-age care. TCDN is dedicated to meeting the needs of the community through expanded programs and to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning environment.
- Provide a welcoming, safe, nurturing, and enriching environment for children, families, and staff
- Help children discover their interests and grow in confidence and independence while guiding children in their love of learning.
- Teach children the importance of kindness and be a role model for positive social interaction.
- Create an environment which fosters positive, open, and ongoing communication with families.
- Respect and nurture children, families, along with staff, through acceptance of various cultures and opinions.
TCDN seeks volunteer members to serve on its Board of Directors to help govern the mission and vision of the organization.
The Board of Directors fulfills a variety of roles and responsibilities:
- Determine the organization’s mission and purpose.
- Select and support the Executive Director, and review his/her performance.
- Develop and approve personnel policies and employee job descriptions.
- Participate with the staff in the overall planning process and assist in implementing the strategic plan.
- Provide adequate resources for the organization to fulfill its mission. Work with the Executive Director to raise funds.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and ensure that proper financial controls are in place to safeguard the tax-exempt status.
- Determine and monitor the organization’s program and services.
- Be the organization’s Public Relations vehicle.
Qualities and qualifications of an ideal TCDN Board member include:
- Strategic thinker
- Leadership experience
- Understanding of child care, education, and/or nonprofits
- Time and talent to commit to Board membership
- Collaborative and productive
- Professional expertise, such as Marketing/Advertising, Nonprofit Leadership, Fundraising, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Business Administration
Board members are required to attend a monthly Board meeting and are asked to serve on one of four committees.
If you are interested in this opportunity to advance your leadership skills while supporting a valuable community resource, please send a letter of interest to [email protected] .
Term Ending 2024
Gina Pierson Furia, – (Project Manager, Customized Energy Solutions)
Karen Sullivan Golden,- (Sr. Project Manager, The Sullivan Company)
Diane Ibrahim- (Managing Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, LLP)
Jennifer Peck, – Board Treasurer (Assistant Professor, Swarthmore College)
Term Ending 2025
James Levine- Board Vice President (Attorney- Pepper Hamilton LLP)
Elizabeth McNally- Board President (Director of Development, Planned Parenthood of Southeastern PA)
Term Ending 2027
Amy Pedergnana- Board Secretary