TCDN offers a stimulating, rewarding and team-oriented place to work. If you are committed to positive child development and have a passion for educating children, we welcome you as part of the TCDN family
TCDN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
The administrative office and preschool program are located in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, 10 miles southwest of Philadelphia. All program sites are located within the Wallingford-Swarthmore School District and are convenient to major highways and public transportation.
Current Position Openings
Trinity Cooperative Day Nursery (TCDN) Executive Director
TCDN is a non-profit, non-sectarian childcare organization whose mission is to provide a safe, nurturing and enriching environment for preschool and school age children. TCDN’s office is located in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, and serves families primarily from the Wallingford-Swarthmore School District. TCDN is well known in the community for providing excellent quality childcare. More than 250 children are served through six programs located in various facilities throughout the Wallingford/Swarthmore area. The programs include: Preschool (ages 12 months – pre-K); Kindergarten complementary program; Three After School Clubs at three different locations (grades K – 3); one Older After School Club (grades 4-6); and summer camp. TCDN has approximately 48 employees. http://tcdn.org/
The position of Executive Director is a full-time, year-round position. The TCDN Director is responsible for leading the strategy and operations that reflect the mission and goals of the organization. Specific duties include overall administration, marketing, fundraising, oversight of finances and facility maintenance, program and curriculum development, staff supervision and development, creation and nurturing of family and community relationships, and communication and cooperation with Board of Directors.
TCDN provides excellent benefits; salary commensurate with experience.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience as an Executive Director of a Non-Profit organization, including proven track record working with Nonprofit Boards.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education or a related field. Professional experience in Education and/or Child Care at a management level strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated background of maintaining a positive, nurturing and educationally stimulating child care environment, for both children and staff.
- Demonstrated record (3+ years) of effectively leading an organization, including: community outreach, managing relationships with key partners outside the organization, nurturing a positive work environment and establishing open lines of communication.
- Demonstrated success leading organizational change with a team-based approach.
- Excellent human resources track record including supervision and salary administration.
- Understanding of current education practices, philosophies and accreditations.
- Experience in a direct customer service environment, experience with parents and families preferred.
- Strong understanding of finances and budgeting and success in meeting or exceeding financial goals.
- Demonstrated success with grants, annual appeals and fundraising.
- Flexibility to lead or attend events out of school hours such as Board meetings, fundraisers, trainings, community events.
- Knowledge of key Risk Management and security issues in a child care setting.
- A dynamic, vision-oriented approach
- Strong leadership qualities
- Outgoing and engaging
- Positive and encouraging
- Hard-working, “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude
- Strong customer service approach
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; experience with educational programming.
- Non-Profit management experience including financial oversight and marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- TCDN is dedicated to an inclusive society and welcomes applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. TCDN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration, please email cover letter and resume as one pdf document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TCDN Office Assistant
TCDN, a childcare facility located in Swarthmore Pa., is looking for an Office Assistant to assume general administrative duties. The successful candidate will possess a working knowledge of QuickBooks software and Microsoft Office products. Responsibilities will include accounts receivable, filing, greeting families, organizing office supplies, maintaining children’s library, and assisting with special events as needed. Experience in a professional office environment is required.
This is a 10 hour per week position. The hours are 8 am to 1:00 pm two days per week. There is some flexibility in the scheduled days.
TCDN is a non-profit organization, which has provided comprehensive, quality care and education for 44 years in the Wallingford–Swarthmore community. We have a strong organizational commitment to excellence through diversity in programs and employment. TCDN actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds including those who have intercultural experience.
We offer competitive wages and personal time off benefits. TCDN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
Substitutes Needed for All TCDN Programs
TCDN is seeking substitutes for the preschool and out-of-school time programs we operate. Hours can be full day or part day, based upon need. Our programs provide an opportunity to work with children to help them develop a love for learning in a warm, nurturing environment. Substitutes play a vital role in supporting our staff and develop rewarding relationships with children and their families.
If interested, please contact TCDN Office Administrator, Michele Corbin, firstname.lastname@example.org
TCDN is always seeking volunteers who want to help TCDN in creative ways. Family or community volunteers are integral in the planning and execution of a variety of TCDN events. Being a classroom volunteer is a great opportunity for those wanting to work as a teacher with children to gain experience or who simply delight in the joy of being with children. Volunteers can also help advance TCDN’s mission and vision by joining a committee or the Board of Directors.